Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Musing on the Mommyhood of Makana





I am sure many children are prayed for by all sorts of people from all over the world; I am thankful that our daughter Makana is one of them. Thank you to all our family and friends for your relentless prayers. You had faith when it was difficult for me to muster up any. I constantly tell Makana how much she is loved, and it shows. I must say, it is difficult to exhaust the list of the people who love her.

After 11 years of marriage, it feels so right to have a child in our home. She has always been in our hearts, but she is finally physically with us--her whole 75%ile of self! :) I LOVE being a mommy. I DO feel old, though. I used to have so much more energy in my previous years. . . . Makana is sooooooo energetic and loves the outdoors. It is amazing how perfectly God has matched her to us. Her curiosity is uncanny. It reminds me of Dave, for he always wants to see "what's around the next corner," whether it is on a hiking trail, in a car, or just walking around.

Amanda M is so right (Thanks for the reminder!). It was hard to see how God was to unfold his plan while it was extremely difficult to wait for our child to be in our arms. The two years of paperwork and waiting was almost unbearable. However, when I look into her eyes and kiss her pudgy, little hands, I cannot imagine life with any other child. Thank you, God!

Since I have been accused of flooding e-mail boxes, I think I will post pictures here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monica, I am soooo happy for you! Please email Rob or me so I have your address... Chandi