Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Comfort in the Sovereign One

Daniel 2.20-23:

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king."

---------------

We missed voting in this year's Presidential election because we neglected to realize some logistics of being overseas and not knowing what to do when we didn't receive our ballots in time to send them back. I was kicking myself over and over for not being more diligent about the process, but I have to remember: I serve a sovereign God. We are given the privilege to vote in our country, and we should exercise that right, but I need to trust not in my vote but in my God.

A great article by Russ Moore also encourages me at this time: http://www.russellmoore.com/2012/11/07/christians-lets-honor-the-president/ .
------------
Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.

1 comment:

Briana said...

Hi Monica,
Sounds like an exciting move!
Can you send us an address so we can send you a Christmas card? Our email address is posted on our website. Or if a card will take too long, we could email you the Christmas card.

Briana Stratton