Friday, August 19, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten


Our little learner cannot be left out. He was drawing his favorite thing: fireworks. He called me over to give me the full effects of his drawings, with sound and extra "power" in his stroke. :)


We had a fantastic first day, much better than I could ever imagine! :) Makana gave me a hug after the school day was over to say, "Thank you for being my teacher." (I'm blogging this quote now b/c I KNOW every day will NOT be like today. I need it remind me of the good times.)



A most eager student could not stay in bed the previous night. :( Despite the lack of sleep, she managed a full day of schooling. :)



Makana would tell people we are "just homeschooling" her when asked what kindergarten she was attending. We have many reasons for doing so, but much of the reason is rooted in Deuteronomy 6, so we have the Deuteronomy 6 Academy. :)

2 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

We claim Deuteronomy 6, too, but I never thought about making a sign for it. CUTE,

monchan :) said...

Thanks, Jenn! :) I was hoping it would help Makana feel more "officially" a student. It didn't help much today at all, but we did work on it together. Can't wait to see you soon! :)