Sunday, December 19, 2010

Joy--Easier said than grasped!


Clinging to God’s faithfulness throughout this very FULL year has enabled us to experience his joy. We were reminded (from James 1.2 – 4) over & over: “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
We are thankful that Jesus came to offer us this joy! ☺

I admit that I've not been the best example of God's joy in my life, but I pray that it shines through more and more.

A gentlemen (or two?) in our area makes these 4 ft crosses out of wood for people to display in their yards. One morning, Dave called me to meet him to see if we'd like one. We'd already seen them all over the city and surrounding areas, so I was game. As it turns out, this man only takes "donations" for his work and places the money in the hands of people helping orphans. WOW! What a blessing all the way around! :)

No comments: