Monday, October 08, 2007

Fruit Frolicking :)































In the tropics, we don't have the opportunity to go to apple and asian pear orchards and pumpkin patches to harvest these autumnal fruits. During Jeff and Lisa's recent visit, we were able to do just that--in the desert, of all places! :) We made some apple pie and apple cake and just ate the apples and pears fresh--yummy! :p Lisa was enthralled by the tomatoes and peppers, and she made some great salsa with shrimp. Makana enjoyed picking the fruit, too, including her first pumpkin from a patch (b/c last year we were rained out), but I think her favorite tasks were carrying the bucket and pushing the wheelbarrow across the field.

Oh--the one pic that isn't in the field is taken right after playing in our little pool. She was cold and wanted to have the blanket cover her. Also, that toy is one of her favorites now, as she loves fitting the different shapes into their respective holes. Actually, I think she loves "cheating" even better by placing the flower in the circle and saying, "No, no! Hee, hee!"

3 comments:

Dana said...

I know I sound like a broken record because I've said this so many times before, but Makana is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I have to agree with Dana. I wish I could come up with a new way to say it, but sheesh, Makana is just absolutely the cutest little girl I have ever seen. She is adorable!!!

monchan :) said...

You guys are too sweet--THANKS for echoing our sentiments, although they are extremely biased! :) I hope you get to meet her, too, as she has quite a personality! I do pray that God shapes her character into his likeness.